(Makes 2 servings)
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used stevia brown sugar)
– 2 tablespoons butter or butter substitute
– 1 handful of almonds or mixed unsalted nuts
– 1 apple
– 1 cup of steel cut oats
– cinnamon to taste
How to make:
1. cook your oats as usual. I microwaved them but you could cook them on the stove if you prefer.
2. cut your apple in half. Cut one half into thin slices and the other half into small cubes.
3. heat your butter and brown sugar on medium-high heat. Toss in diced apples and nuts and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. pour your cooked apple mixture over your oats and top with fresh apple slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!