I am so excited to introduce you to this delicious breakfast idea. It smells so good baking and I think that it is a lot easier than your typical french toast.
The worst thing about french toast is when it is soggy. To fix this, all you have to do is exclude the egg whites for crunchy, non-soggy toast. I also recommend using good bread. The kind of bread with a thick crust works best, like baguettes or croissants. For this recipe, I used croissants because I had some leftover from another recipe, but feel free to use any bread you have.
Before we get to this recipe, I want to thank you all for reading this blog. I am just starting out but I am finding that this is something that I really love and will continue to do. You all have been incredibly nice and supportive. If you have any requests for recipes, nutrition info or anything else please comment down below.
I’d also like to encourage you to follow my Instagram: @sydneybertuzzo (shameless self-promo) where you can stay updated on what I am eating and wearing every day.
Now to the good stuff: my delicious baked cherry croissant french toast.
You’re gonna want to start by locating cherries. I could not find any at my local grocery store but I did find some canned dark cherries, which actually worked out better because they came canned in the juice which relieves me of having to make my own. Luckily this is a fairly simple recipe. It only takes about 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake.
baked cherry croissant french toast
– 2 large croissants
– 1 can of cherries
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 2 egg yolks
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– pinch of cinnamon
– powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Slice the croissants into 1/2 inch slices.
3. Separate the yolk from two large eggs. Put the yolks into a bowl.
4. Pour a half-cup of any type of milk into the eggs. I used almond. Then, add 3-4 tablespoons of the cherry juice, vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon to the egg-milk mixture.
5. Whisk the mixture until foamy and then coat the croissant slices evenly.
6. Put about 5 slices of croissant into each ramekin. I used 3 ramekins with 5 slices in each.
7. Top with a few whole cherries.
8. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
9. Top with powdered sugar and maple syrup and enjoy!